Monday, February 11, 2013

And so we begin........again.

     Obviously I didn't post over the holidays and that is mainly because my plans went to disaster. So instead of getting up and dusting myself off, I pigged out. This is what I do, self destruction. One bad choice and I throw in the towel and go all in. We traveled for the holidays, taking our own organic fruits and veggies with us. Once we reached our destination, all down hill! The fruits and veggies never got touched! I could feel my grip loosening on all I wanted to accomplish and then I just gave up and let go altogether.
     We visited my in-laws for Thanksgiving. I didn't want to offend my mother-in-law by not wanting to drink their tap water. I didn't want it to seem weird that I wasn't eating the turkey. And can I just say that no matter how much I didn't want to eat meat, smelling cooked meat just makes me salivate? Does it not for anyone? I've never seen what turkeys go through before slaughter or even a turkey farm. Even if someone where to video one I am sure they would have to go undercover to get to the nitty gritty. So I didn't have the image of abused cows or chickens in my mind when I smelled the turkey and so I gave in and ate it, and cookies, and bacon, and so on and so on!!!
     So if I screwed up my whole plan for Thanksgiving, I might was well screw up with Christmas too right? I mean there are only about 30 days in between. And that's what gets me, thirty days. Thirty days between two meals. That's really what it boils down to but we think of it as all one season! The parties, the cookie swaps, the ornament exchanges, the family/friend visits with all our favorite foods. Oh and then there is New Year's festivities. This is why, in September, everyone just decides to wait for January.
     So in mid-January I decided to watch the documentary, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". It was an eye-opener. In the documentary, Joe decides to do fresh fruit and vegetable juice for 60 days to help heal his body, naturally, from the inside-out. He did it!! Not only did he do it, but so did others in the film. So hubby and I decided to do a 10 day reboot. To say it was very hard is an understatement, but day 7 and hubby is down 12 lbs and I am down 9.5 lbs. We both feel great and I noticed hubby's skin looks clearer and is glowing (in a good way, not a toxic waste kind of way). Hubby still does not want to go veggie all the way but I plan to. My 6 yr old daughter also wants to go vegetarian now. We are researching recipes together to find out what she likes. So one coverted??? It's happening!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment